Best things and drawbacks to living in Zijlwijk-Zuid
In Zijlwijk-Zuid, Leiden, there are several pros and cons to consider when it comes to livability. Some of the positive aspects include:
- Green spaces: The neighborhood boasts several parks and green areas, providing residents with ample opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Proximity to amenities: Zijlwijk-Zuid is close to various shops, restaurants, and schools, making it convenient for daily living.
- Access to public transportation: The neighborhood is well-connected to the rest of Leiden and surrounding areas through bus and train services.
On the other hand, there are some drawbacks to living in Zijlwijk-Zuid:
- Noise pollution: Being close to the railway and major roads, residents may experience higher levels of noise pollution compared to other neighborhoods.
- Limited parking: Parking spaces can be scarce, especially during peak hours, which may be a concern for car owners.
- Potential for flooding: As with many areas in the Netherlands, Zijlwijk-Zuid is prone to flooding, which could be a concern for homeowners.
What does Zijlwijk-Zuid offer?
Zijlwijk-Zuid, located in the charming town of Leiden, offers a pleasant living experience with a mix of pros and cons. This neighborhood boasts a serene atmosphere, thanks to its abundance of green spaces and picturesque canals. The area is well-connected to public transportation, making it convenient for residents to commute to other parts of the town or nearby cities.
On the downside, Zijlwijk-Zuid has limited shopping and dining options, which may require residents to venture out to other neighborhoods for a wider variety. Additionally, the housing market in this area can be competitive, with properties often in high demand due to the neighborhood's desirable features.
In conclusion, Zijlwijk-Zuid is an attractive option for homebuyers seeking a peaceful environment with easy access to public transportation. However, potential residents should be prepared to compromise on local amenities and face a competitive housing market.
Buying agent in Zijlwijk-Zuid
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Leiden with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven team of expert analysts accurately assesses property values, ensuring you bid just the right amount. Let Walter guide you through every step of the home-buying process, making it a breeze. Experience the future of property purchasing in Leiden - choose Walter Aankoopservice today!
Housing market Zijlwijk-Zuid
The real estate market in Leiden saw 279 homes sold this quarter, a rise from 235 in the previous quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 450,330 euros, a slight drop from 465,546 euros in the last quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also slightly decreased from 4,575 euros to 4,564 euros. The average list price went from 468,394 euros last quarter to 453,799 euros this quarter. The average WOZ-value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, went from 331,986 euros in 2022 to 378,323 euros in 2023.