Best things and drawbacks to living in Grote Waal
Living in Grote Waal, a neighborhood in the town of Hoorn, comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let's dive into the pros and cons of this Dutch neighborhood:
- Green spaces: Grote Waal offers several parks and green areas, providing residents with opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Proximity to amenities: The neighborhood has a shopping center, schools, and healthcare facilities within walking distance, making daily life convenient for residents.
- Public transportation: Grote Waal is well-connected to other parts of Hoorn and nearby cities through bus lines, ensuring easy access to work and leisure destinations.
- Noise pollution: Being close to the A7 motorway, Grote Waal can experience higher levels of noise pollution, which might be a concern for some residents.
- Limited nightlife: The neighborhood has a limited number of bars and restaurants, which might not cater to those seeking a vibrant nightlife scene.
- Aesthetic appeal: Some parts of Grote Waal feature older, less visually appealing buildings, which might not be to everyone's taste.
What does Grote Waal offer?
Grote Waal is a charming neighborhood located in the picturesque town of Hoorn. Known for its green spaces and family-friendly atmosphere, this area offers a peaceful environment for those seeking a quieter lifestyle. The well-maintained parks and playgrounds make it an ideal place for families with children, while the nearby shopping centers cater to the daily needs of residents.
One of the main selling points of Grote Waal is its proximity to the town center, allowing easy access to a variety of amenities, including restaurants, cafes, and cultural attractions. The public transportation system is efficient, making it convenient for commuters to travel to other parts of Hoorn and beyond.
On the downside, Grote Waal may not be the best fit for those seeking a bustling nightlife scene, as the neighborhood is primarily residential and quiet. Additionally, housing prices can be relatively high compared to other areas in Hoorn.
In conclusion, Grote Waal is a great option for homebuyers looking for a family-oriented, peaceful neighborhood with easy access to the town center and essential amenities.
Buying agent in Grote Waal
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Hoorn with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a house and the right bid to place. With Walter, you're not just buying a home, you're making a savvy investment. Our expert data analysts guide you through every step, making the process a breeze. Trust Walter, and make your dream home in Hoorn a reality!
Housing market Grote Waal
The real estate market in the Dutch town of Hoorn saw 314 homes sold in the last quarter, a decrease from the previous quarter's 272. The average transaction price also saw a slight decrease, going from 379,510 euros to 356,119 euros. The average transaction price per square meter also dropped from 3,610 euros to 3,549 euros. The average list price decreased from 383,532 euros to 352,820 euros. The average WOZ-value, a measure of property value, went from 480,679 euros in 2022 to 323,378 euros in 2023.