Best things and drawbacks to living in Weesperzijde
Weesperzijde, a neighborhood in Amsterdam, offers several pros and cons when it comes to livability. Let's dive into the details:
- Proximity to the Amstel River: Enjoy scenic views and riverside activities.
- Green spaces: Parks like Oosterpark and Frankendael Park are nearby for relaxation and recreation.
- Public transportation: Easy access to metro, tram, and bus lines for convenient travel.
- Dining options: A variety of restaurants and cafes are available for diverse culinary experiences.
- Cultural attractions: Close to museums, theaters, and galleries for art and culture enthusiasts.
- Noise levels: Being close to the city center, the area can be quite noisy, especially during peak hours.
- Parking: Limited parking spaces and high parking fees can be a challenge for car owners.
- Tourist crowds: Popular tourist spots in the vicinity can lead to crowded streets and public spaces.
- Cost of living: Higher than average expenses for groceries, dining, and other daily necessities.
- Limited greenery: While there are parks nearby, the neighborhood itself has limited green spaces and tree-lined streets.
What does Weesperzijde offer?
Weesperzijde, located in the bustling city of Amsterdam, offers a blend of urban living and serene green spaces. This neighborhood is known for its picturesque Amstel River views, making it a popular spot for leisurely strolls and outdoor activities. The area boasts a variety of restaurants, cafes, and shops, catering to diverse tastes and preferences.
One of the key selling points of Weesperzijde is its excellent connectivity to the rest of the city. With multiple public transportation options, including trams and buses, residents can easily commute to other parts of Amsterdam. Additionally, the neighborhood is bike-friendly, encouraging an eco-friendly lifestyle.
On the downside, Weesperzijde can be quite busy and noisy, especially during peak hours. Parking might also be a challenge, as spaces are limited. However, the neighborhood's charm, amenities, and accessibility make it an attractive option for those looking to buy a home in Amsterdam.
Buying agent in Weesperzijde
Discover Amsterdam's best-kept secret in home buying with Walter Aankoopservice! Our savvy data analysts use cutting-edge technology to accurately determine property values, ensuring you bid just the right amount. Let Walter guide you through every step of the home-buying journey, making it a breeze in this bustling city. Experience the future of real estate with Walter - your ultimate partner in securing your dream Amsterdam abode!
Housing market Weesperzijde
The real estate market in Amsterdam saw 3,799 homes sold this quarter, up from 3,559 in the last quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 567,047 euros, down from 582,349 euros in the previous quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also dropped to 7,252 euros this quarter from 7,381 euros last quarter. The average list price decreased to 560,960 euros this quarter from 571,709 euros in the last quarter. The average WOZ-value went from 443,923 euros in 2022 to 533,749 euros in 2023.