Best things and drawbacks to living in Amsterdamsewijk
Living in Amsterdamsewijk, a neighborhood in the town of Haarlem, has its fair share of pros and cons. Let's dive into the advantages first:
- Proximity to amenities: Amsterdamsewijk offers easy access to supermarkets, shops, and restaurants, making daily life convenient for residents.
- Green spaces: The neighborhood boasts several parks and green areas, providing opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Public transportation: With multiple bus stops and a train station nearby, getting around the town and to nearby cities is hassle-free.
However, there are also some drawbacks to consider when living in Amsterdamsewijk:
- Noise levels: Due to its central location, the neighborhood can be quite noisy, especially during peak hours and weekends.
- Parking: Finding a parking spot can be challenging, as the streets are often crowded with parked cars.
- Safety concerns: While not a major issue, some parts of Amsterdamsewijk have higher crime rates compared to other neighborhoods in Haarlem. It's essential to research and choose a safe area within the neighborhood.
What does Amsterdamsewijk offer?
Amsterdamsewijk, located in the charming town of Haarlem, offers a unique blend of pros and cons for potential residents. This neighborhood boasts a rich history and picturesque streets, making it an attractive option for those who appreciate a touch of the past. Additionally, its proximity to the city center allows for easy access to various amenities, such as shops, restaurants, and public transportation.
However, Amsterdamsewijk also faces some challenges. Parking can be difficult, as the narrow streets were not designed for modern vehicles. Furthermore, the older homes may require more maintenance and renovation, which could be a drawback for some buyers.
In conclusion, Amsterdamsewijk is an appealing choice for those who value history and a central location in Haarlem. However, potential homeowners should be prepared to deal with parking limitations and possible home repairs.
Buying agent in Amsterdamsewijk
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Haarlem with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a house and the right bid to place. With our team of expert data analysts, we guide you through every step of the home buying process. Trust Walter to make your dream home in Haarlem a reality!
Housing market Amsterdamsewijk
The real estate market in Haarlem saw 535 homes sold this quarter, up from 509 the previous quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 523,504 euros, compared to 502,372 euros last quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also rose, from 5,142 euros last quarter to 5,249 euros this quarter. The average list price went from 510,250 euros last quarter to 523,783 euros this quarter. The average WOZ-value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, went from 415,615 euros in 2022 to 479,851 euros in 2023.