Best things and drawbacks to living in Haarlemmerhoutkwartier
In Haarlemmerhoutkwartier, you'll find a mix of pros and cons that contribute to the overall livability of the neighborhood. Some of the positive aspects include:
- Green spaces: The area boasts Haarlemmerhout Park, a large and well-maintained park perfect for outdoor activities, picnics, and relaxation.
- Proximity to amenities: Haarlemmerhoutkwartier is close to shops, restaurants, and cafes, making it convenient for daily needs and leisure.
- Good public transport: The neighborhood has easy access to public transportation, connecting residents to other parts of Haarlem and nearby cities.
- Historic charm: The area features beautiful historic buildings and picturesque streets, adding to its overall appeal.
On the other hand, there are some drawbacks to living in Haarlemmerhoutkwartier:
- Noise levels: Due to its central location, the neighborhood can be quite noisy, especially during peak hours and weekends.
- Parking: Finding a parking spot can be challenging, as the area is densely populated and has limited parking spaces.
- Tourist crowds: Haarlemmerhoutkwartier attracts a significant number of tourists, which can lead to crowded streets and public spaces.
- Limited nightlife: While there are some bars and restaurants, the neighborhood doesn't offer a wide variety of nightlife options compared to other areas in Haarlem.
What does Haarlemmerhoutkwartier offer?
Haarlemmerhoutkwartier is a charming neighborhood located in the picturesque town of Haarlem. Known for its beautiful architecture and green spaces, this area offers a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere for residents. One of the main selling points is the Haarlemmerhout Park, a perfect spot for leisurely strolls, picnics, and outdoor activities.
The neighborhood boasts a variety of local shops, cafes, and restaurants, providing a sense of community and convenience. Public transportation is easily accessible, making it simple to commute to other parts of the town or nearby cities. Additionally, Haarlemmerhoutkwartier is home to several schools, making it an ideal choice for families with children.
On the downside, the cost of living in this neighborhood can be relatively high, with property prices and rents often above the town's average. Parking can also be a challenge, as spaces are limited.
In conclusion, Haarlemmerhoutkwartier is a lovely neighborhood with a strong sense of community and plenty of amenities. If you're considering buying a home here, be prepared for a higher cost of living and potential parking challenges.
Buying agent in Haarlemmerhoutkwartier
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Haarlem with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a house and the right bid to place. With our team of expert data analysts, we guide you through every step of the home buying process. Trust Walter to make your dream home in Haarlem a reality!
Housing market Haarlemmerhoutkwartier
The real estate market in Haarlem saw 535 homes sold this quarter, up from 509 the previous quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 523,504 euros, compared to 502,372 euros last quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also rose, from 5,142 euros last quarter to 5,249 euros this quarter. The average list price went from 510,250 euros last quarter to 523,783 euros this quarter. The average WOZ-value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, went from 415,615 euros in 2022 to 479,851 euros in 2023.