Best things and drawbacks to living in Duinwijk
In Duinwijk, a neighborhood in Haarlem, there are several pros and cons to consider when it comes to livability. Let's start with the pros:
- Green spaces: Duinwijk offers plenty of parks and recreational areas, perfect for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Proximity to the beach: The neighborhood is just a short bike ride away from the beautiful Zandvoort beach, making it an ideal location for beach lovers.
- Good public transportation: Duinwijk has easy access to public transportation, including buses and trains, which connect to other parts of Haarlem and nearby cities.
Now, let's discuss some of the cons of living in Duinwijk:
- Noise pollution: Due to its location near the railway station, some parts of the neighborhood can be quite noisy, especially during peak hours.
- Limited nightlife: Duinwijk is primarily a residential area, so there aren't many options for nightlife within the neighborhood itself. However, the city center of Haarlem is easily accessible for a night out.
- Parking: While there is street parking available, it can be challenging to find a spot during busy times, and some areas require a permit.
What does Duinwijk offer?
Duinwijk, located in the charming town of Haarlem, offers a unique blend of urban convenience and natural beauty. This neighborhood boasts easy access to public transportation, making it a breeze to explore the surrounding areas. Additionally, the presence of various shops, restaurants, and cafes ensures that residents have plenty of options for dining and entertainment.
One of the main selling points of Duinwijk is its proximity to the stunning dunes and beaches, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and picnicking. The area also features several parks and green spaces, creating a serene atmosphere for those who appreciate nature.
On the downside, the cost of living in Duinwijk can be relatively high compared to other neighborhoods in Haarlem. However, the quality of life and picturesque surroundings may justify the investment for some homebuyers. In conclusion, Duinwijk is an attractive option for those seeking a balance between city amenities and natural beauty in a cozy, well-connected town.
Buying agent in Duinwijk
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Haarlem with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a house and the right bid to place. With our team of expert data analysts, we guide you through every step of the home buying process. Trust Walter to make your dream home in Haarlem a reality!
Housing market Duinwijk
The real estate market in Haarlem saw 535 homes sold this quarter, up from 509 the previous quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 523,504 euros, compared to 502,372 euros last quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also rose, from 5,142 euros last quarter to 5,249 euros this quarter. The average list price went from 510,250 euros last quarter to 523,783 euros this quarter. The average WOZ-value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, went from 415,615 euros in 2022 to 479,851 euros in 2023.