Best things and drawbacks to living in Tolhuis
Living in Tolhuis, a neighborhood in Nijmegen, comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let's dive into the pros and cons of this Dutch neighborhood:
- Green spaces: Tolhuis boasts several parks and green areas, perfect for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Proximity to amenities: The neighborhood has a good selection of shops, supermarkets, and restaurants within walking distance.
- Public transportation: Tolhuis is well-connected by bus and train, making it easy to commute to other parts of Nijmegen and beyond.
- Schools: The area has a number of reputable schools, catering to the educational needs of families with children.
- Noise: Being close to the A73 highway, some parts of Tolhuis may experience traffic noise, which could be a concern for those seeking a quieter environment.
- Limited nightlife: While there are some bars and restaurants in the area, the nightlife options are relatively limited compared to other neighborhoods in Nijmegen.
- Parking: Although there are parking spaces available, finding a spot can be challenging during peak hours.
- Aesthetic appeal: Some parts of Tolhuis have a more dated appearance, which might not appeal to everyone's taste.
What does Tolhuis offer?
Tolhuis, a quaint neighborhood in Nijmegen, offers a balanced mix of urban and suburban living. With its close proximity to the city center, residents enjoy easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment options. The area is also known for its green spaces, providing a peaceful retreat for those who appreciate nature.
The neighborhood boasts a diverse community, making it an ideal place for families and young professionals alike. Public transportation is readily available, making commuting to work or exploring the town a breeze. Additionally, Tolhuis is home to several schools, ensuring quality education for children in the area.
On the downside, the housing market in Tolhuis can be competitive, with properties often selling quickly due to high demand. This may result in limited options for potential homebuyers and higher prices.
In conclusion, Tolhuis is a charming neighborhood with a strong sense of community, offering a blend of city convenience and suburban tranquility. However, prospective homebuyers should be prepared for a competitive housing market.
Buying agent in Tolhuis
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Nijmegen with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a house and the right bid to place. With expert data analysts guiding you, every step of your home-buying journey becomes a breeze. Trust Walter, and make your dream home in Nijmegen a reality!
Housing market Tolhuis
The real estate market in Nijmegen saw 391 homes sold this quarter, a slight decrease from the 405 sold in the previous quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 405,301 euros, a small rise from the previous quarter's 400,140 euros. The average transaction price per square meter also saw a slight rise, going from 3,863 euros last quarter to 3,984 euros this quarter. The average list price this quarter was 405,460 euros, compared to 403,219 euros last quarter. The average WOZ-value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, went from 302,118 euros in 2022 to 357,794 euros in 2023.