Best things and drawbacks to living in Afrikaanderwijk
Afrikaanderwijk, a neighborhood in Rotterdam, offers several advantages and disadvantages when it comes to livability. Let's dive into the pros and cons of living in this area.
Pros of living in Afrikaanderwijk:
- Vibrant atmosphere: The neighborhood is known for its lively atmosphere, with a mix of cultures and a bustling market.
- Green spaces: Afrikaanderwijk has several parks and green areas, providing residents with a place to relax and enjoy outdoor activities.
- Proximity to amenities: The area has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, making it convenient for residents to access daily necessities.
- Public transportation: Afrikaanderwijk is well-connected to other parts of Rotterdam through public transportation, including trams and buses.
Cons of living in Afrikaanderwijk:
- Noise levels: Due to its lively atmosphere, the neighborhood can be quite noisy, especially during market days and weekends.
- Safety concerns: Some parts of Afrikaanderwijk have higher crime rates compared to other neighborhoods in Rotterdam, which may be a concern for potential residents.
- Limited parking: Finding a parking spot can be challenging in Afrikaanderwijk, as the streets are often crowded with cars.
- Older buildings: Many of the buildings in the area are older and may require renovation or maintenance, which could be a drawback for some homebuyers.
What does Afrikaanderwijk offer?
Afrikaanderwijk is a lively neighborhood in the city of Rotterdam, known for its multicultural atmosphere and bustling market. The area boasts a diverse mix of shops, restaurants, and cafes, offering a wide range of cuisines and products from around the world. This makes it an exciting place to explore and enjoy different cultures.
One of the main selling points of Afrikaanderwijk is its affordability. Compared to other neighborhoods in Rotterdam, housing prices are relatively lower, making it an attractive option for first-time homebuyers or those on a budget. Additionally, the neighborhood is well-connected to public transportation, providing easy access to the rest of the city.
On the downside, Afrikaanderwijk faces some challenges in terms of safety and cleanliness. It is important for potential residents to research and visit the area to determine if it meets their personal comfort levels.
In conclusion, Afrikaanderwijk offers an affordable and culturally rich living experience, but potential homebuyers should weigh the pros and cons before making a decision.
Buying agent in Afrikaanderwijk
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Rotterdam with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a house and the right bid to place. With our team of expert data analysts, we guide you through every step of the home-buying process. Trust Walter to make your Rotterdam home purchase a breeze!
Housing market Afrikaanderwijk
The real estate market in Rotterdam saw 1181 homes sold this quarter, up from 1129 in the last quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 391,061 euros, down from 394,405 euros in the previous quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also slightly dropped to 4,057 euros from 4,065 euros. The average list price decreased to 397,368 euros this quarter from 401,775 euros in the last quarter. The average WOZ value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, went from 282,035 euros in 2022 to 328,084 euros in 2023.