Best things and drawbacks to living in Schiemond
Schiemond, a neighborhood in Rotterdam, offers several pros and cons when it comes to livability. Let's dive into the positive aspects first:
- Green spaces: Schiemond boasts several parks and green areas, providing residents with ample opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Proximity to the city center: The neighborhood is just a short distance from Rotterdam's bustling city center, making it convenient for shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Public transportation: Schiemond is well-connected by public transport, with multiple bus and tram lines serving the area.
On the other hand, there are some drawbacks to living in Schiemond:
- Industrial surroundings: The neighborhood is located near the Port of Rotterdam, which can lead to noise and air pollution from the nearby industrial activities.
- Limited amenities: While Schiemond has some basic amenities, such as grocery stores and cafes, it lacks the variety and abundance of options found in other neighborhoods.
- Safety concerns: Schiemond has experienced some crime-related issues in the past, which may be a concern for potential residents. However, efforts have been made to improve safety in the area.
What does Schiemond offer?
Schiemond is a unique neighborhood located in the bustling city of Rotterdam. Known for its diverse community, this area offers a blend of urban and suburban living. One of the main selling points is its proximity to the waterfront, providing residents with picturesque views and opportunities for leisurely strolls.
The neighborhood boasts a variety of housing options, from modern apartments to charming townhouses, catering to different preferences and budgets. Public transportation is easily accessible, making it convenient for commuters to travel to other parts of the city.
However, Schiemond has its drawbacks. Some parts of the neighborhood may feel less safe, especially during nighttime. Additionally, the area lacks a wide range of amenities, such as shopping centers and entertainment options, which may require residents to venture out to other parts of Rotterdam.
In conclusion, Schiemond offers a unique living experience with its waterfront location and diverse housing options. Potential homebuyers should weigh the pros and cons before making a decision, considering factors such as safety and access to amenities.
Buying agent in Schiemond
Discover the ultimate home-buying experience in Rotterdam with Walter Aankoopservice! Our savvy data analysts harness the power of data to pinpoint the true value of your dream house, ensuring you bid just the right amount. Let Walter guide you through every step of the home-buying journey, making it a breeze in this vibrant city. Say goodbye to guesswork and hello to smart, data-driven decisions with Walter by your side. Join the Walter revolution and secure your perfect Rotterdam home today!
Housing market Schiemond
The real estate market in Rotterdam saw 926 homes sold in the previous quarter, compared to 1126 in the last quarter. The average transaction price was 425,212 euros last quarter, compared to 393,909 euros this quarter. The average transaction price per square meter was 4,214 euros last quarter, compared to 4,066 euros this quarter. The average list price was 426,303 euros last quarter, compared to 400,540 euros this quarter. The average WOZ value was 282,035 euros in 2022, compared to 328,084 euros in 2023.