Best things and drawbacks to living in St. Marten/Sonsbeek
St. Marten/Sonsbeek in Arnhem offers a variety of pros and cons for those considering living in this Dutch neighborhood. Some of the positive aspects include:
- Proximity to Sonsbeek Park: This beautiful park provides ample green space for outdoor activities, picnics, and relaxation.
- Diverse architecture: The neighborhood boasts a mix of historic and modern buildings, offering a unique visual appeal.
- Local amenities: St. Marten/Sonsbeek has a good selection of shops, cafes, and restaurants, making it convenient for daily needs.
- Public transportation: The area is well-served by public transport, making it easy to commute to other parts of Arnhem and beyond.
However, there are also some drawbacks to living in St. Marten/Sonsbeek:
- Noise levels: Due to its central location and popularity, the neighborhood can be quite noisy, especially during weekends and events.
- Limited parking: Finding a parking spot can be challenging, particularly in the more densely populated areas.
- Higher cost of living: As a desirable neighborhood, the cost of living in St. Marten/Sonsbeek can be higher compared to other parts of Arnhem.
- Potential for flooding: Being close to the river, some parts of the neighborhood may be prone to flooding during heavy rainfall.
What does St. Marten/Sonsbeek offer?
St. Marten/Sonsbeek is a charming neighborhood in the town of Arnhem, offering a mix of urban and green living. With its picturesque streets and historic architecture, this area has a unique character that attracts both families and young professionals. One of the main selling points is the beautiful Sonsbeek Park, providing ample space for outdoor activities and relaxation.
The neighborhood boasts a variety of local shops, cafes, and restaurants, creating a vibrant atmosphere. Public transportation is easily accessible, making it convenient for commuters to reach other parts of the town. However, parking can be a challenge due to limited spaces.
In terms of education, there are several schools in the vicinity, catering to different age groups. The crime rate is relatively low, contributing to a safe and welcoming environment.
From a home buying perspective, St. Marten/Sonsbeek offers a balanced lifestyle with its blend of urban amenities and green spaces, making it an attractive option for potential homeowners.
Buying agent in St. Marten/Sonsbeek
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Arnhem with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a house and the right bid to place. With expert data analysts guiding you every step of the way, we make home buying a breeze. Trust Walter, your savvy partner in the Arnhem housing market.
Housing market St. Marten/Sonsbeek
The real estate market in Arnhem saw 379 homes sold this quarter, a rise from the 349 sold in the previous quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 387,258 euros, compared to 354,635 euros in the last quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also saw a change, going from 3,335 euros last quarter to 3,405 euros this quarter. The average list price went from 363,522 euros last quarter to 393,793 euros this quarter. The average WOZ-value of properties this year is 320,746 euros, a significant jump from last year's value of 262,542 euros