Best things and drawbacks to living in Vreewijk
Vreewijk, a neighborhood in Rotterdam, offers several advantages and disadvantages when it comes to livability. Let's dive into the pros first:
- Green spaces: Vreewijk boasts numerous parks and gardens, providing residents with ample opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Architectural charm: The area features many pre-war buildings, giving the neighborhood a unique and historic atmosphere.
- Public transportation: Vreewijk is well-connected to the rest of Rotterdam through various public transportation options, making it easy to commute or explore the city.
On the other hand, there are some cons to consider when thinking about living in Vreewijk:
- Limited amenities: The neighborhood has fewer shops, restaurants, and entertainment options compared to other parts of Rotterdam, which may require residents to travel for certain needs.
- Noise pollution: Vreewijk is located near busy roads and industrial areas, which can lead to increased noise levels and potential disturbances for residents.
- Safety concerns: While not a major issue, Vreewijk has experienced some crime-related incidents in the past, so it's essential to be aware of your surroundings and take necessary precautions.
What does Vreewijk offer?
Vreewijk, a charming neighborhood in the bustling city of Rotterdam, offers a unique blend of urban convenience and suburban tranquility. Known for its green spaces and picturesque canals, this area provides a serene environment for those seeking a peaceful retreat from the city's fast-paced lifestyle.
One of Vreewijk's main selling points is its accessibility to public transportation, making it easy for residents to commute to work or explore other parts of Rotterdam. Additionally, the neighborhood boasts a variety of local shops, cafes, and restaurants, catering to diverse tastes and preferences.
On the downside, Vreewijk may not be the best fit for those seeking a vibrant nightlife scene, as it tends to be quieter compared to other parts of the city. Moreover, housing prices can be relatively high due to the area's desirability and limited availability.
In conclusion, Vreewijk is an ideal choice for homebuyers seeking a peaceful, green oasis within the city, with easy access to amenities and transportation.
Buying agent in Vreewijk
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Rotterdam with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a house and the right bid to place. With our team of expert data analysts, we guide you through every step of the home-buying process. Trust Walter to make your Rotterdam home purchase a breeze!
Housing market Vreewijk
The real estate market in Rotterdam saw 1181 homes sold this quarter, up from 1129 in the last quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 391,061 euros, down from 394,405 euros in the previous quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also slightly dropped to 4,057 euros from 4,065 euros. The average list price decreased to 397,368 euros this quarter from 401,775 euros in the last quarter. The average WOZ value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, went from 282,035 euros in 2022 to 328,084 euros in 2023.