Best things and drawbacks to living in De Leyens
Living in De Leyens, Zoetermeer, offers several advantages and disadvantages for residents. Here are some pros and cons to consider when thinking about this Dutch neighborhood:
- Green spaces: De Leyens is known for its parks and natural surroundings, providing residents with ample opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Proximity to amenities: The neighborhood has a shopping center, schools, and healthcare facilities, making it convenient for daily needs.
- Public transportation: De Leyens is well-connected to other parts of Zoetermeer and nearby cities through bus and tram services, making it easy to commute for work or leisure.
- Limited nightlife: De Leyens is primarily a residential area, so those seeking a vibrant nightlife scene may find it lacking in entertainment options.
- Noise pollution: The neighborhood is close to major roads, which can result in increased noise levels for some residents.
- Potential for congestion: As a popular residential area, De Leyens can experience traffic congestion during peak hours, which may affect travel times within the neighborhood.
What does De Leyens offer?
De Leyens, located in the town of Zoetermeer, offers a balanced mix of urban and suburban living. This neighborhood boasts a variety of housing options, including apartments, townhouses, and single-family homes, catering to diverse preferences and budgets. The area is well-connected to public transportation, making it convenient for commuters to reach other parts of the town and beyond.
One of the key selling points of De Leyens is its abundance of green spaces, providing residents with ample opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation. Additionally, the neighborhood is home to several schools, shopping centers, and healthcare facilities, ensuring that essential amenities are within easy reach.
On the downside, De Leyens may not be the best fit for those seeking a bustling nightlife scene, as the area is relatively quiet and family-oriented. However, for homebuyers prioritizing a peaceful environment with access to essential services, De Leyens is an attractive option to consider.
Buying agent in De Leyens
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Zoetermeer with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a property and the right bid to place. Our expert analysts guide you through every step, making the home-buying process a breeze. Trust Walter to turn your dream home into a reality!
Housing market De Leyens
The real estate market in Zoetermeer saw 322 homes sold this quarter, a slight decrease from 328 homes sold in the previous quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 389,258 euros, slightly lower than the previous quarter's 389,401 euros. The average transaction price per square meter also saw a minor rise, from 3,518 euros to 3,578 euros. The average list price dropped from 392,513 euros to 389,970 euros. The average WOZ-value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, went from 289,825 euros in 2022 to 356,762 euros in 2023.