Best things and drawbacks to living in Buitenveldert-Oost
Buitenveldert-Oost, a neighborhood in Amsterdam, offers several pros and cons when it comes to livability. Let's dive into the positive aspects first:
- Green spaces: The neighborhood boasts ample parks and green areas, such as Amstelpark and Gijsbrecht van Aemstelpark, providing residents with opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Proximity to amenities: Buitenveldert-Oost is close to shopping centers like Gelderlandplein, offering a variety of shops, restaurants, and supermarkets for daily needs.
- Accessibility: The area is well-connected by public transportation, with metro and tram lines running through it, making it easy to reach other parts of Amsterdam.
On the other hand, there are some cons to consider when thinking about living in Buitenveldert-Oost:
- Noise pollution: Being close to the A10 highway and Schiphol Airport, the neighborhood can experience higher levels of noise, which might be bothersome for some residents.
- Limited nightlife: Buitenveldert-Oost is primarily a residential area, so it lacks the vibrant nightlife and entertainment options found in other parts of Amsterdam.
- Higher cost of living: Due to its desirable location and amenities, the cost of living in Buitenveldert-Oost can be higher compared to other neighborhoods in the city.
What does Buitenveldert-Oost offer?
Buitenveldert-Oost is a pleasant neighborhood located in the city of Amsterdam. Known for its green spaces and peaceful atmosphere, it offers a welcome respite from the bustling city center. The area boasts a variety of housing options, including modern apartments and family homes, catering to diverse preferences.
One of the main selling points of Buitenveldert-Oost is its proximity to the Amsterdamse Bos, a large park perfect for outdoor activities and relaxation. Additionally, the neighborhood is well-connected by public transport, making it easy to commute to other parts of the city.
On the downside, Buitenveldert-Oost lacks the vibrant nightlife and cultural attractions found in other Amsterdam neighborhoods. It also tends to be quieter, which may not appeal to those seeking a more lively environment.
In conclusion, Buitenveldert-Oost is an ideal choice for homebuyers seeking a tranquil, green neighborhood with good connectivity to the rest of Amsterdam. However, it may not be the best fit for those craving a more energetic and culturally rich living experience.
Buying agent in Buitenveldert-Oost
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Amsterdam with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-savvy team knows the true value of every property, guiding you on the perfect bid. With Walter, you're not just buying a house, you're making a calculated investment. We're with you every step of the way, making home buying a breeze. Trust Walter, where data meets dreams.
Housing market Buitenveldert-Oost
The real estate market in Amsterdam saw 4586 homes sold this quarter, up from 3798 in the last quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 603,173 euros, compared to 567,432 euros in the previous quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also rose from 7,250 euros to 7,639 euros. The average list price went from 560,958 euros last quarter to 580,692 euros this quarter. The average WOZ value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, was 443,923 euros in 2022 and is projected to be 533,749 euros in 2023.