Best things and drawbacks to living in Levendaal-Oost
Levendaal-Oost, a neighborhood in the charming town of Leiden, offers several advantages for those considering living there:
- Proximity to amenities: The area boasts a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, making it convenient for residents to access daily necessities and enjoy leisure time.
- Green spaces: Levendaal-Oost is home to several parks and green areas, providing residents with opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Public transportation: The neighborhood is well-connected by public transport, making it easy to commute to other parts of Leiden and nearby cities.
- Education: The area has a good selection of schools, making it suitable for families with children.
However, there are also some drawbacks to living in Levendaal-Oost:
- Noise levels: Due to its central location and bustling atmosphere, the neighborhood can be quite noisy, which might not be ideal for those seeking peace and quiet.
- Parking: Finding a parking spot can be challenging in Levendaal-Oost, as the streets are often crowded with parked cars.
- Limited greenery: While there are some green spaces in the area, they are relatively small compared to other neighborhoods, which might be a downside for those who prefer more expansive outdoor areas.
- Older buildings: Many of the properties in Levendaal-Oost are older, which could mean higher maintenance costs and potential issues with insulation and energy efficiency.
What does Levendaal-Oost offer?
Levendaal-Oost is a charming neighborhood located in the town of Leiden. Known for its picturesque canals and historic architecture, this area offers a delightful blend of old-world charm and modern amenities. One of the main selling points is its proximity to the city center, making it convenient for residents to access shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions.
The neighborhood boasts a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, with a mix of families, students, and professionals residing here. Green spaces, such as the nearby park, provide a pleasant environment for outdoor activities and relaxation. Public transportation is easily accessible, ensuring a smooth commute to other parts of the town.
On the downside, Levendaal-Oost can be relatively expensive compared to other neighborhoods in Leiden, with property prices and rental rates being on the higher side. Parking can also be a challenge, as spaces are limited.
In conclusion, Levendaal-Oost is an attractive option for homebuyers seeking a vibrant and well-connected neighborhood with a rich history and a strong sense of community. However, potential buyers should be prepared for higher property costs and limited parking options.
Buying agent in Levendaal-Oost
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Leiden with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven team of expert analysts accurately assesses property values, ensuring you bid just the right amount. Let Walter guide you through every step of the home-buying process, making it a breeze. Experience the future of property purchasing in Leiden - choose Walter Aankoopservice today!
Housing market Levendaal-Oost
The real estate market in Leiden saw 279 homes sold this quarter, a rise from 235 in the previous quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 450,330 euros, a slight drop from 465,546 euros in the last quarter. The average transaction price per square meter also slightly decreased from 4,575 euros to 4,564 euros. The average list price went from 468,394 euros last quarter to 453,799 euros this quarter. The average WOZ-value, a measure of property value in the Netherlands, went from 331,986 euros in 2022 to 378,323 euros in 2023.