Best things and drawbacks to living in Jekerkwartier
Jekerkwartier, a charming neighborhood in Maastricht, offers several appealing aspects for those considering living there. Some of the pros include:
- Rich history: The area boasts historical buildings and sites, giving it a unique atmosphere.
- Green spaces: Jekerkwartier is home to several parks, providing residents with opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Proximity to amenities: The neighborhood is within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions, making it convenient for daily life.
- Good public transport: Jekerkwartier is well-connected by bus and train, allowing for easy travel within Maastricht and beyond.
However, there are also some cons to living in Jekerkwartier that should be taken into account:
- Limited parking: Due to its historical nature, the neighborhood has narrow streets and limited parking options, which can be challenging for car owners.
- Noise: The area can be quite lively, especially during weekends and events, which may not be ideal for those seeking peace and quiet.
- Tourist presence: Jekerkwartier is a popular destination for tourists, which can lead to crowded streets and higher prices in local businesses.
- Potential for flooding: The neighborhood is located near the Jeker River, which has been known to flood in the past, posing a risk to some properties.
What does Jekerkwartier offer?
Jekerkwartier, located in the charming town of Maastricht, offers a unique blend of history, culture, and modern living. This picturesque neighborhood is known for its cobblestone streets, historic buildings, and vibrant atmosphere. One of the main attractions is the Jeker River, which adds a serene touch to the area.
The neighborhood boasts a variety of local shops, cafes, and restaurants, providing residents with a diverse range of dining and shopping options. Additionally, Jekerkwartier is home to several art galleries and cultural institutions, making it an ideal spot for art enthusiasts.
Accessibility is another advantage, as the town center is within walking distance, and public transportation options are readily available. However, parking can be a challenge due to the narrow streets and limited spaces.
In conclusion, Jekerkwartier is an excellent choice for those seeking a lively, culturally rich neighborhood with a strong sense of history. The combination of modern amenities and historic charm makes it an attractive option for potential homebuyers.
Buying agent in Jekerkwartier
Discover the smart way to buy a home in Maastricht with Walter Aankoopservice! Our data-driven approach ensures you know the true value of a property and the right bid to place. With Walter, you're not just buying a house, you're making a savvy investment. Our expert data analysts guide you through every step, making the process smooth and stress-free. Trust Walter to turn your dream home in Maastricht into a reality!
Housing market Jekerkwartier
The real estate market in Maastricht saw 260 homes sold this quarter, a rise from the 197 sold in the previous quarter. The average transaction price this quarter was 361,866 euros, a slight decrease from the previous quarter's 370,311 euros. The average transaction price per square meter also saw a slight rise, going from 3,230 euros last quarter to 3,333 euros this quarter. The average list price dropped from 370,553 euros last quarter to 358,671 euros this quarter. The average WOZ-value went from 259,495 euros in 2022 to 305,538 euros in 2023.